Position: Youth Ministries Assistant
Trinity United Methodist Church is seeking an energetic spiritual leader to help plan and facilitate/co-facilitate spiritual growth and service opportunities for youth. This part-time position involves spiritual formation, leading groups on retreats and service projects, planning/organizing youth events, engaging and involving parent and adult volunteers, and administrative work.
Trinity is a historic downtown church that desires to be intentionally intergenerational. With a congregation of approximately 1,500 members, we are passionate about sharing the love of Jesus in downtown Denver.
- Collaborate with Youth Director to plan and co-facilitate or facilitate Sunday School each week
- Collaborate with Youth Director to plan and co-facilitate monthly Middle School Hang Time on Sunday afternoons (Sept. through May)
- Collaborate with Youth Director to plan and co-facilitate monthly Senior High Gatherings on Sunday evenings (Sept. through May)
- Collaborate with Youth Director to plan and co-facilitate fall and winter youth overnight retreats
- Collaborate with Youth Director to plan and co-facilitate special events
- Collaborate with other areas, as requested, for intergenerational programming opportunities
- Invite and encourage youth in their spiritual journey through learning and leadership opportunities, service, etc.
- Establish a welcoming environment, encourage thinking, welcome questions, and foster discipleship among youth
- Develop and maintain relationships with youth, parents/guardians, and volunteers
- Collaborate with Youth Director to encourage and involve parents and adults volunteers
- Attend youth events occasionally to meet youth in their environment (eg. school concerts, sporting events, areas they are involved in their community and school)
- Effectively and consistently promote and communicate activities to students, parents/guardians, and congregation (e.g., youth and parent Facebook pages, youth bulletin board, email, mailings, etc.)
- Maintain youth database; youth registrations, paperwork, mailings, and payments for all events; volunteer sign-ups; youth room; etc.
- Assist with youth fundraisers, as requested
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Approachable and welcoming
- Strong time-management, organizational, and communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and sense of humor
- Genuine personal spiritual practice
- Understand cultural pressures teens are facing and be able to respond with wisdom
- Social media savvy
- Appreciation for Wesleyan theology and the values of Trinity United Methodist Church
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must complete a successful background check
- Part-time, non-exempt, average 20 hours per week
- - Sundays w/o afternoon/evening activities, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- - Sundays w/ afternoon/evening activities, 9:00 a.m.- 2p.m.; 4:00-7:00 p.m.
- - Office time: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (can be 2-3 of these days 10-17 hours in the office each week in relation to Sunday activities, weekend retreats, special events)
- - Occasional Evenings: youth events, special events
- Retreats and Events
- - Fall Retreat, Friday late-afternoon to Sunday noon –mid fall
- - Spring Retreat, Friday late-afternoon to Sunday noon – First weekend in March
- - Other events, as scheduled
- Director of Youth Ministries
Trinity United Methodist Church
Attn: Rev. Dr. Donna Dempewolf
Denver, CO 80202
Position: Child Care Staff
Objective or Purpose of Position: To provide a welcoming, caring and safe environment for the children and families of Trinity United Methodist Church.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome parents and children, call them by name when you can
- Make sure each child and diaper bag have a name tag and label
- Perform diaper checks regularly
- Remain engaged with the children. ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONE USE DURING WORKING HOURS
- Maintain a sanitized environment when changing diapers or assisting Toddlers in the rest room
- Change crib sheets after usage
- Wash any toys that have been in a child's mouth
- Leave room picked up
- Empty diaper pail and put contents into a black trash bag and leave outside door for custodians
- People skills
- Previous childcare experience
- CPR certified (training will be offered for Trinity staff in October)
- At least age 14
Work Schedule: Varies. (Average 5–8 hours per month). Childcare needed on Sunday mornings, weeknights and for special events.
Salary: Hourly ($12.00)
Subject to: Interview and Successful background check.