Sunday, August 6 | Sanctuary and reception in Fellowship Hall (Level 3)
Trinity's first worship service was held August 2, 1859, at the confluence of the Cherry Creek and Platte River where REI is now located. On Sunday, August 6, we will give thanks for 158 years of mission and ministry as Denver's first church.
We will celebrate the legacy bequeathed to us in several significant ways:
- The theme of both worship services is gratitude for our legacy.
- Dr. Dent's message will be Leaving a Lasting Legacy.
- Trinity members and Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation leaders Kristi Kinnison and Sheri Altland will be present to answer questions, share materials, schedule consultations and lead a session on wills, legacies and estate planning during the Sunday School hour.
- Members of the Trinity Legacy Society will be honored.
- The Trinity Board of Trustees, which oversees the endowment funds of the church, will serve ice cream and cake following the 11 a.m. worship service in Trinity Café. They will be available for conversation on the importance of our permanent funds.
Plan now to be a part of this very special celebration that marks our past, focuses on our present and looks to the future of our historic church family!