What it is:
The United Methodist Women is a community of women whose purpose it is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
The year 2016 is designated by Trinity UMW as "The Year of Appreciation" to show our gratitude for all the organizations and people at Trinity who bless our lives.
- In appreciation for the Children's Ministry, we purchased library center furniture and books for the children's new Sunday School room.
- We plan to hold four bake sales this year with proceeds going to a different mission each time: three Trinity missions (youth, military, and Early Response Team) and UMCOR disaster relief.
- Our regular meetings in March, May, and the fall will be special programs and different groups within the church will be invited in addition to visitors. The November meeting is the annual business meeting.
- We will expand our school supply collection project to include a local school. Other local hands-on projects are being planned and some will involve working with other ministry areas within the church.
All Trinity women are invited to participate in any or all of the UMW activities and projects.
Small groups (circles and interest groups) are the heart of this supportive fellowship and often have their own special mission projects.
Book Circle meets 2nd Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. in member homes.
Deborah Circle meets 2nd Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. at Piccolo Restaurant.
Miriam Circle meets 2nd Sunday of the month at 12 p.m. in Trinity's Heritage Room on Level 3.
Reading Program Interest Group meets five times during the year to discuss books on the UMW Reading Program.
District and Conference UMW meetings often emphasize spiritual growth and/or education for mission.
Rocky Mountain Conference Mission u: July 21–23, 2016, at St. Andrew UMC, Centennial
Spiritual Growth Study: The Bible and Human Sexuality
Geographic Study: Latin America
Social Issue Study: Climate Justice
Metropolitan District UMW Annual Meeting: September 17, 2016
Rocky Mountain Conference Annual Meeting: October 21–22, 2016, at Broomfield UMC
How you can help:
- Women of all ages are invited to join the UMW and to participate in one of the circles that meet monthly and/or to attend the General unit meetings which are held quarterly.
- Members are encouraged (but not required) to make a pledge to mission and to help with various service or money raising activities.
- UMW is often asked to provide receptions for memorial services, weddings or anniversaries.
UMW Projects and Missions done in 2015:
To National UMW:
- Money used both nationally and internationally to benefit women and children
- Unit Pledge to Mission (includes individual member pledges)
- Gifts to Mission, including Baby Cards
- Prayer and Self Denial Offering
- Special Mission Recognition (cost of pin)
- World Thank Offering
- Contribution to "Serving Sierra Leone" for young women (Deborah Circle)
- Annual Guatemala student scholarship
- Contribution to United Nations Association
- 90 School Kits for UMCOR
- Collect Campbell's labels for Red Bird Mission
- Contribution to Church Women United
- Christmas collection of contributions to Trinity's Military Ministry
- King Sooper Gift Cards to Casa de Paz
- Made crosses for Easter baskets for Warren Village
- Collect travel-size soaps, etc. for St. Francis Center
- Collection of personal items for St. Francis Center (Miriam and Deborah Circles)
- Large box of school supplies to Goldrick Elementary School
- 10 Teddy Bears to Casa de Paz (Miriam Circle)
- 20 handmade infant fleece blankets to Florence Crittenton School (Deborah Circle)
- Contribution to Trinity youth and children
- Gift to Mission Baby Cards to children baptized at Trinity
- Memorial receptions at Trinity for church members
- Programs from Sheri Altland (Imagine No Malaria update), Sarah Jackson (Casa de Paz), David Kaminer ("Bread of Life")
- Hosted a potluck for Carol Partridge
- Held five bake sales
- Partnered with Children's Sunday School to fill the UMCOR School Kits
- Members attended district and conference UMW meetings
- Held the cupcake walk for Homecoming Sunday
- Hosted the Christmas Tea at the Brown Palace
- Members participated in the UMW Reading Program
- Three circles meet monthly except July and August
The Trinity Connection:
Trinity's UMW continues the legacy of Trinity women in mission dating back to at least 1873. Today's UMW raises money to support local and global missions. A pledge to mission is sent each year to the National UMW where it is distributed equally to National and Global missions.
For conference UMW info, visit www.rmcumw.org.
For national UMW info, visit www.unitedmethodistwomen.org.