by: Gillian Ford
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services will be held at 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, 9:00 and 11:00pm. Each service will feature the warm glow of candles.
The 3:00pm service is for those who don't drive after dark, who desire a less crowded service, or who have travel or family plans in the evening. The 5:00pm Family service will be particularly child-friendly lead by Trinity's Children and Youth. The Chancel Choir will sing at the 7:00 and 9:00pm services. Communion will be served at the 11:00pm service.
Thank you to everyone who has already volunteered to serve in an area of hospitality Christmas Eve! Friendly volunteers are still needed to assist guests on teams at these services:
- Parking Lot: 3, 5, 7, 9, 11
- Exterior Doors: 5, 9, 11
- Sanctuary: 3, 9, 11
Contact Deb Meyer to volunteer or for more information.
Helpful Tips for Christmas Eve
- The Avis Lot between Broadway and Lincoln, north of 19th will be available. Able-bodied Trinity staff and volunteers are encouraged to use this lot in order to give closer parking access to guests. Please use code 1224 at the Avis Lot Kiosk to park for free.
- Garage parking will be available from 2:00pm-1:00am. The garage entry will be open. You will not need a ticket or validation sticker.
- North and East Lots will be available from 2:00pm-1:00am.
- We are pleased to share that a direct, live feed will be shown in the Fellowship Hall during the 3:00pm, 5:00pm and 7:00pm services. There will be an Advent wreath and candles so that folks in the Fellowship Hall may participate in the service. This is a great space for anyone desiring the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service experience within a more casual atmosphere.
- Childcare will BE available from 2:45-8:15pm. Children are welcome in the services; families are also welcome to bring their child to the Children's Area.
- Please enjoy a warm beverage and a sweet treat in the Fellowship Hall.
- If the Sanctuary reaches capacity, folks will be encouraged to stay and participate in the Fellowship Hall with the live feed or return for a later service.