Join the Trinity Team
Denver has 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty. A young, active city at the base of the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Denver's stunning architecture, and unparalleled views are all here, year-round. A historic United Methodist church serving metro Denver, Colorado is seeking next Director of Youth Ministry as well as Front Office Assistant.
If you're interested in joining the Trinity team, we'd love to hear from you! The following positions are currently open for applicants:
Director of Youth Ministy
The Director is fully responsible for developing a youth program that is vibrant, innovative, and contains spiritual experiences. The successful candidate will seek to build and reinforce the word of God through scripture, relationship development, community outreach, and service events. As a trusted advisor to the Senior Pastor, the Director will make recommendations, build a Christian education program, develop support relationships, and complete all required planning to support long-term strategic goals of the church.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leads and oversees Youth Ministry including programming, creating a welcoming environment, and fostering the growth of faith.
- Excellent communicator through multiple channels including youth directed, parents, community, congregation, etc.
- Works closely with other ministries to plan, prioritize, and launch programming.
- Drives performance through leading the Youth Ministry Team to meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Stays abreast and trains staff and volunteers with best-practices in youth programming, appropriate activities, needs, and resources.
- Continually assesses needs and makes adjustments where appropriate to best serve the congregation.
- Aligns ministry programming with vision cast.
- Develops and implements a plan for broad congregational engagement with contemplative spirituality.
- Effectively manage employee and volunteer team members to achieve goals.
- Leadership in music during related worship experiences.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in youth spiritual education with a detailed knowledge of the worship process and the various religious observations of the United Methodist Faith.
- An undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Experience in leading music is required; guitar is preferred.
- A welcoming spirit and desire to help.
To view additional details, CLICK HERE
Front Office Assistant
Reporting to the Director of Business Administration, the Front Office Assistant is an important part of our team by providing a welcoming experience to our guests, congregation members and visitors. The assistant not only answers phones, transfers calls, takes messages and greets people, but he/she also maintains a busy church-wide scheduling calendar and confirms schedules with all parties, including facilities manager and ministry leaders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Actively engages with staff, visitors, and community throughout the day in a friendly and helpful manner
- Answers the phone, transfers calls, and redirects calls to appropriate staff
- Accurately records messages both from phone and in person
- Maintains busy church scheduling system and communication needs to facilities and staff
- Assists with parking assignments and validation stickers
- Directs guests to the right rooms/people they need, provides resource lists and numbers to those in need
- Assists ministry teams with various projects which may include working on the computer, updating member/guest information in internal database, creating signs, copying, sorting, stocking supplies, and other special projects
- Performs other administrative work such as data collections, basic reporting or other tasks as assigned
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment and ability to handle multiple tasks and pivot quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills with staff, congregational members, volunteers, and community members
- Willingness to learn, stay kind, and be a positive and friendly addition to the team
- Be dependable and committed to the job
- Results oriented with strong aptitude for problem solving, prioritizing, organizing, and following through
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Previous office experience required
To view additional details, click here
Both of these positions are full time with benefits. Relocation assistance may be available. Send your resume, a narrative of your experience aligned with the listed skills, activities and vision, and links to available videos demonstrating your work to email@example.com.
These descriptions are not intended to be a detailed list of the duties and expectations of this position. It is an overview designed to give you a look into both the craft and the spirit needed to be successful in this position. If this description resonates with you then we look forward to receiving and reviewing your materials. Qualified candidates will be contacted.