Anti-Racist Allyship: Listen. Learn. Act.
Ally: Someone from a non-marginalized group who uses their privilege to advocate for the marginalized group. They transfer the benefits of their privilege to those who lack it.
Trinity’s Anti-Racist Allyship formed out of a small group that met initially on June 1, 2020as a faithful expression of God’s call on people of faith to listen, learn and act to createand support racial equity in response to racial injustice toward BIPOC (Black, Indigenous andPeople of Color) locally and nationally in ongoing acts of violence as well as unequal access tohealthcare, housing, education, healthy food and employment/business owner opportunities.
Watch Pastor Ken Brown in this nationally broadcast news story (
click here) filmed at downtown Denver’s Peaceful Protest May 30, 2020. Please use these resources for listening and learning, watch
Trinity’s Facebook page and weekly email for opportunities to be act. Contact Deb Meyer (
firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.This page is always developing so check back for new information.
Thank you for being part of the movement.
- How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- A Credible Witness: Reflections on Power, Evangelism and Race by Brenda Salter McNeil
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stephenson
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America by Richard Rothstein
- Overground Railroad: The Green Book and the Roots of Black Travel in America by Candacy Taylor
- White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide by Carol Anderson
- Waking Up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving
Books For Kids:
- Anti-Racism Books for Kids
- 31 Children’s Books to Support Conversations on Race, Racism, and Resistance
General Articles and Reading Suggestions by African Americans:
- Black Leaders Suggest These Books and More for White Coloradans
- ‘United’ States Has Never Been Honest About How Hateful It Is
- Why Ta-Nehisi Coates is Hopeful
- How To Be an Anti-Racist in Denver
- Performative Allyship Is Deadly (Here’s What to Do Instead)
White Liberals Perpetuate Relational Violence
Contemplation and Racism
Effects of Racism in Healthcare
- Want to See Food and Land Justice for Black American?
- Public Health Experts Say the Pandemic Is Exactly Why Protests Must Continue
of Inequality Made Worse By the Coronavirus
Effects of Racism in Housing, Education, Employment and Business Ownership
- A Look at Racism and Housing Inequality in the US
- The School to Prison Pipeline, Explained
Coronavirus Relief Fails Black Communities
Science and Race:
- Dear White People (Amazon Prime)
- Just Mercy (free on digital platforms through June)
- Becoming documentary (Netflix)
- 13th documentary (Netflix)
- I Am Not Your Negro documentary (Amazon Prime)
- Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man by Emmanuel Acho.
- Slavery to Mass Incarceration by Equal Justice Initiative.
- Something Happened in Our Town: A Child’s Story About Racial Injustice by Saladin Allah.